Doctoral (Ed.D) Program Goals:
Students in the Doctoral Program (Ed.D.) Program in Twice Exceptional Education, Strength Based Talent Focused Education for Neurodiverse Learners will learn to:
- Provide a leadership role in celebrating neurodiversity and in promoting positive education in response to the unique needs of neurodiverse learners.
- Facilitate a paradigm shift in education from remediation to talent development.
- Participate in a multidisciplinary cohort to broaden perspectives and improve educational outcomes for neurodiverse learners.
- Engage in and promote evidence-based practices through the application of rigorous methodology.
- Link high-quality education research to policy and practice.
- Provide leadership in diverse educational contexts by applying advanced theoretical perspectives to problems of practice.
- Participate in the development of education policy in the context of the science of neurodiversity and positive education.
- Empower a community of professionals to effect broad scale change for institutions serving neurodiverse learners.